Jared Fogle was indicted on child porn and child sex charges in August.
He has accepted a plea deal and is awaiting sentencing. Fogle became a household name as a pitchman for Subway, and used his fame to establish a foundation promoting healthy lifestyles among children. In August 2015, Fogle pleaded guilty to one count of distributing and receiving child pornography and one count of crossing state lines to engage in illicit sex with minors. Subway cut ties with its spokesman following his arrest on July 7, 2015.
- CBS This Morning, Jared Fogle Reveals How He Lured Kids in Secret Recordings, October 29, 2015 
Josh Duggar admits to infidelity, porn addiction: “I have been the biggest hypocrite ever.”
Family values evangelist and star of the reality TV show 19 Kids and Counting Josh Duggar confessed Thursday that he’s the “biggest hypocrite ever” after leaked data from AshleyMadison.com showed he had two accounts on the affair-promoting Web site. In a statement, Duggar, a married father of four, also admitted he had a “secret addiction” to watching pornography and that he “became unfaithful” to his wife.
“I am so ashamed of the double life that I have been living and am grieved for the hurt, pain, and disgrace my sin has caused my wife and family, and most of all Jesus and all those who profess faith in Him. I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please pray for my precious wife Anna and our family during this time.”
In May, Duggar resigned from his position at the Family Research Council, a conservative lobbying group, after it was revealed he molested five young girls, including four of his sisters, beginning in 2002.
- The Week, I am the biggest hypocrite ever, August 20, 2015 
They’re beautiful, rich, and famous … so why do celebrities get addicted to porn when they could easily get the “real thing?”
- Like any other type of dependency, porn addiction is a disease that can plague anyone, including famous people. Many people think it’s a tad more embarrassing than an alcohol, nicotine, or other drug addiction. Celebrities who have come out (or been exposed) as porn addicts are facing even more scrutiny than the average Joe or Jane. Here are eight celebs who have suffered from porn addiction.
- Tiger Woods admits to being addicted to both sex and porn, but these two addictions are often related. His addictions destroyed his marriage and put his career in a steep decline which he’s still trying to recover from. His ex-swing coach calls him a “lover of pornography,” but that’s a pretty mild description of a serious disease.
- Cameron Diaz described herself as a “porn addict” on Jimmy Kimmel’s show. However, a beautiful woman addicted to porn tends to carry a very different stereotype from a man addicted to porn.
- Mel Gibson might be better known for stranger behavior than porn addiction recently, but many still remember when Mel became a virtual recluse and developed a foot fetish while filming in Thailand.
- David Duchovny entered rehab for both porn and sex addiction. He had a “self-described obsession with porn,” but he’s one of the fortunate few who sought professional help.
- John Mayer admitted to his porn addiction to Playboy Magazine, an appropriate outlet. “I’m a self soother … my biggest dream is to write pornography,” he says. However, it doesn’t seem like John has made the mental leap from enjoying porn in a healthy way to understanding it’s likely disrupting his life.
- Charlie Sheen is addicted to just about everything, including sex, but his porn addiction garnered a lot of attention. Denise Richards, his second wife, posted a “declaration” online that detailed his porn addiction.
- Celebrific, 8 Celebrities Who Are Addicted to Porn, September 4, 2013 
Please note: The number in brackets corresponds to specific statistic(s). Questions or concerns about any listed statistic may be directed to CAP at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.